Furnace control cabinet (hereinafter – FCC) is designed for control of melting parameters and furnace elements state.
General technical characteristics
FCC allows to perform the following functions:
- control of melting parameters:
– electrodes temperature;
– smelting power;
– power consumption in the smelting process;
- furnace elements state monitoring;
- converter state monitoring;
- transformer state monitoring;
- heat exchanger control;
- heat exchanger state monitoring.
It is possible to implement FCC with any technical characteristics in accordance with the Terms of Reference agreed with the Customer.
All tasks of the control system are executed by using software and hardware.
The output signals of CS are:
- heat exchanger control commands;
- high voltage switch control commands;
- indication of melting parameters;
- indication of furnace parameters;
- indication of operating modes;
- operating modes sound and light alarm control;
- text messages on the console terminal with regard to the operating modes and causes of emergency shutdowns;
- communication with Automated Process Control System via network interface (Profibus DP, Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP (Ethernet), CAN, etc.)
CS registers the following melting parameters:
- smelting power;
- consumption of active and reactive power in the smelting process.
Flexible adjustment structure, open for interaction from an external automation system / controller through network interfaces.
FCC provides for the following types of protection:
- furnace elements overheating protection;
- heart electrode overheating protection;
- oil overheating in the transformer;
- protection in case of transformer accidents;
- converter failure protection;
- protection against cooling liquid channel loss;
- protection in case of heat exchanger breakdowns.